OSCE Flashcard Collection 🩺
A collection of over 2500 OSCE flashcards covering key clinical skills including clinical examination, procedures, communication skills and data interpretation (mobile app coming very soon).
2863 Flashcards 🎉
Our collection of high-quality OSCE flashcards is constantly expanding.
Key Topics 🧠
The flashcards cover key clinical skills you'll be expected to demonstrate.
Generate dynamic flashcard decks based on tags (e.g. specialty, focus, topics) or bookmarks.
Use our spaced repetition mode to increase long term retention of knowledge.
Name the muscle(s) assessed during knee extension and the associated myotome(s)
Muscles assessed: quadriceps
Myotome assessed: L3/4 (femoral nerve)
Describe the locations which should be auscultated to assess the four cardiac valves
Auscultation of the cardiac valves should be performed at the following locations:
- Mitral valve: 5th intercostal space in the mid-clavicular line
- Tricuspid valve: 4th or 5th intercostal space at the lower left sternal edge
- Pulmonary valve: 2nd intercostal space at the left sternal edge
- Aortic valve: 2nd intercostal space at the right sternal edge
Name the diagnosis and three typical clinical features
Typical clinical features of arterial foot ulcers include:
- Small, deep, punched-out appearance
- Very painful
- Most commonly located on distal limbs/toes
Tip: Don't forget to look in between the toes for hidden ulcers.
Name the lower limb dermatomes labelled on the diagram below
The lower limb dermatomes labelled on the diagram are as follows:
- A: L1
- B: L2
- C: L3
- D: L4
- E: L5
- F: S1